Proposed rules to implement Local Law 80 of 2021 and Local Law 98 of 2021
Rule status: Adopted
Effective date: January 19, 2022
Proposed Rule Full Text
Adopted Rule Full Text
Adopted rule summary:
Notice of Adoption to add and amend rules to implement Local Law 80 of 2021 (“LL 80”) and Local Law 98 of 2021 (“LL 98”).
These new rule changes:
- Amend the rules relating to laundries to clarify that the licensing requirement only applies to industrial laundry and industrial laundry delivery, but not to retail laundries.
- Move rules relating to retail laundries to a new subchapter in chapter 4.
- Amend the list of curable rule violations to implement LL 80 and LL 98.
- Increase the penalties for violations of the rule prohibiting injurious conduct by a licensee.
- Amend the penalty schedule for laundry violations to reflect the above changes to the laws and rules.
- Amend the sales of petroleum products penalty schedule to implement LL 98.
- Amend the consumer protection law penalty schedule to implement LL 98.
- Amend the income tax preparers penalty schedule to implement LL 98.
- Amend the debt collection agencies penalty schedule to implement LL 98.
- Amend the mobile food vendor penalty schedule to change an erroneous penalty amount.
Finally, this Notice of Adoption repeals the rules and the penalty schedule related to public dance halls, cabarets, and catering establishments.
Comments are now closed.
Online comments: 0