Rule status: Adopted
Effective date: October 30, 2023
Proposed Rule Full Text
Adopted Rule Full Text
Adopted rule summary:
The Fire Department is adopting rules to:
(1) repeal four Fire Department rules relating to matters that have either been superseded by Local Law 187 of 2017 or are now addressed in the 2022 Fire Code;
(2) renumber 39 Fire Department rules to conform to the new numbering of the 2022 New York City Fire Code;
(3) amend 32 Fire Department rules to conform to, or implement, the provisions of the 2022 Fire Code;
(4) amend three Fire Department rules to conform to the New York City Building Code, as amended by Local Law 126 of 2021; and
(5) ease the impact of regulations on small businesses, without compromising fire and life safety, by reducing the penalty for first-time violations of the Fire Code associated with Violation Category 19, enforced by a Fire Department Summons returnable before the Office of Administrative Tribunals and Hearings (OATH).
Comments are now closed.
Online comments: 2
See AttachedComment attachment
The definition of Appendix Q in section 56 is inaccurate as it pertains to the 2022 New York City Building Code and should read as follows:
Section BC Q107 of Appendix Q of the Building Code amends NFPA 72, a Referenced Standard to the Building Code and Fire Code.”