Skip to content

Correction of a Birth Certificate on Behalf of a Minor by a Government Agency

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Rule status: Adopted

Agency: DOHMH

Effective date: March 20, 2023

Proposed Rule Full Text

Adopted Rule Full Text

Adopted rule summary:

The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene is adopting amended Article 207 of the New York City Health Code to allow an application for correction of a birth certificate to be made on behalf of a minor by the government agency responsible for the custody and care of the minor.

Comments are now closed.

Online comments: 2

  • Concerned Citizen


    Get out of our lives.

    You say it’s for children in welfare… your city, rules, and regulations fosters an environment for children to continue to be born in said system. Stop creeping into people’s live and families under the guise of “safety and well-being.”

    The city can’t get basic services done correctly and it wants to give itself the permission to do this?


    Comment added November 19, 2022 12:24am
  • Elvina Brown

    NO. I am very opposed to this bill. This is agenda backed by evil people who want to use this to change or “correct” a child’s gender to what they think or want it to be. Not what the child actually is as dictated by their chromosomes.

    Comment added November 28, 2022 6:36pm