Rule status: Adopted
Effective date: August 31, 2022
Adopted Rule Full Text
Adopted rule summary:
The New York City Police Department adopts the following emergency rule, effective immediately, amending rules for receiving a concealed carry handgun license pursuant to New York State Penal Law section 400.00.
Specifically, these emergency rules:
- eliminate the “proper cause” standard;
- authorize electronic filing of documents relating to handgun licensure;
- add certain documents required to apply for and receive a handgun license, including four character references and a list of current and former social media accounts from the last three years;
- require an in-person interview prior to receiving a handgun license;
- require a certification of completion of the live firearms safety course pursuant to section 400.00(19) of the Penal Law;
- repeal the pre-license exemption application for applicants who use a gun for instructional purposes;
- add a notice requirement for rifle/shotgun permit holders and handgun licensees and require such permit holders and licensees to affirm receipt of such notice; and
- define the Times Square sensitive location zone.
Comments are now closed.
Online comments: 0