About NYC Rules
Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg created the NYC Rules web site in 2010 through Executive Order 133 in order to provide the public with better access to the rulemaking process. In 2013, the site was upgraded to include an online forum in which New Yorkers can make comments and suggestions about proposed rules.
On this site, you will also find:
- Information about the rulemaking process
- A list of rules recently proposed by city agencies, including details about upcoming public hearings
- Information on recently adopted rules
- A complete, searchable copy of the Rules of the City of New York
- Regulatory agendas for certain city agencies
To sign up for our weekly email newsletters containing up-to-date rulemaking news, click here.