Welcome to NYC Rules!
This website allows New Yorkers to review proposed rules and voice their opinions about those rules before they are adopted into law. Every year, City agencies make over 100 changes or additions to the City rules that are an important part of how government interacts with the public. Use the links below to comment on proposed rules and read newly adopted ones.
On this website, you can:
- Submit comments and suggestions on newly proposed rules before they are adopted
- See a schedule and map locations of upcoming public hearings on proposed rules
- Read newly adopted final rules
- Search the Rules of the City of New York
- Learn about the rulemaking process
- View copies of agencies’ regulatory agendas explaining rules they anticipate proposing in the coming year
- Sign up for the City’s weekly newsletter to stay up to date on all the latest rulemaking news