Inspection of Potentially Structurally Compromised Buildings
Proposed Rules: Closed to Comments
Statement of Basis and Purpose
This rule is proposed pursuant to the authority of the Commissioner of Buildings under Sections 643 and 1043(a) of the New York City Charter and section 28-216.12 of the New York City Administrative Code.
Section 28-216.12.1 of the Administrative Code created a requirement that potentially structurally compromised buildings be inspected regularly by a registered design professional.
Pursuant to Section 28-216.12.1, this proposed rule would do the following:
- add a filing fee for required reports of compromised buildings;
- expand on the definition of “potentially compromised” in section 28-216.12;
- specify the inspection requirements for potentially structurally compromised buildings;
- set out the items that need to be included in the inspection report; and
- create civil penalties for failure to file a report.