Amendment of Violation Classifications for Construction Superintendents
Proposed Rules: Closed to Comments
Statement of Basis and Purpose
The proposed rule amends 1 RCNY §102-01 by adding five new infractions and updating two others. The addition of 1 RCNY § 3301-02, which went into effect on May 30, 2016, created the new violations. In addition, unrelated to 1 RCNY § 3301-02, the Department of Buildings seeks to clarify two existing violations by amending their sections of law and violation descriptions. These violations relate to:
- The failure to designate or have a Construction Superintendent, Site Safety Manager, or Site Safety Coordinator at the job site;
- The failure to conduct a site-specific safety orientation program for all workers;
- Construction Superintendents’ failure to immediately notify the Department of conditions listed in § 3310.8.2.1 of the New York City Building Code;
- Construction Superintendents’ failure to meet the required qualifications for registration as Construction Superintendents;
- Construction Superintendents’ failure to perform their duties.
The Department of Buildings’ authority for these rules is found in Section 643 and 1043(a) of the New York City Charter and section 28-201.2 of the Administrative Code of the City of New York.
New material is underlined.
[Deleted material is in brackets.]